Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spring Break 2015---Universal with Friends

Spring Break 2015
March 14
Islands of Adventure with some friends




The big trouble for me started for me today.  I wont bore or gross you out with details, but if you ever have need of a noisy, anonymous bathroom in Islands of Adventure, I'd be happy to share what I learned on this trip.


Ahem.


Kyle and Iza went to breakfast, and brought me back a cup of coffee and a banana  We packed up our bags, and very sadly said goodbye to our Cabana Bay room.  

I'm dead serious when I say I would like to design and decorate our house to look like this hotel.  We loved everything about it!  The colors, the design, the furniture....the colors...

After dropping off our bags at Bell Services, we walked around the resort for a while and finally took some pictures.  

But you already saw those a couple of days ago.

Then we caught the shuttle bus over to CityWalk, and once again we were serenaded with the Famous "Big Bad ]ohn", which is just weird.  After going through bag check, we headed over to Universal Studios, which is where I'd accidentally told our friends to meet us.  

What was I thinking???  We'd been to Universal the day before and needed to spend our time in Islands of Adventure today.  

We met up with our first set of friends right at the entrance to IoA, since they had to stop to get a new annual pass for one of their kids who had lost theirs.  

Hi, Michelle!  



Don't mind me, folks, I'm sick, sick, sick!
We went to Diagon Alley, and took the Hogwart's Express over to Hogsmeade station in IoA.  




Kyle, Harley, Iza and Lyndsay immediately went on the Dragon Challenge roller Coaster.  While Michelle and I waited for them, we ran into our other set of friends we were meeting that day.  

No pictures. 

I have to say, most of this day was a bit of a blur to me.  I was not feeling well at all, but "took one for the team".  I'm really glad we were able to meet up with friends so that everyone could still ride what they wanted to with this group or that group, and I pretty much always had someone to find a shady bench with me and just hang out.

We all met up for lunch at the Three Broomsticks.  I remember having fish and chips, and I think Kyle and Iza might have shared the same chicken and ribs platter from the night before.  

After lunch we left Hogsmeade, and instead of going to Jurassic Park like we had discussed, someone put me as the leader and I completely missed the bridge over to that area.  

Oops.

But that's what happens when you put a sick person in charge.  We ended up going to the Marvel area instead, and once again while most people went on the Hulk roller coaster, Michelle and I hung out in the shade instead.

It took the riders awhile to get through the line, so by the time they got off the ride we were ready to move on.  Toon Lagoon was our next stop. 

Some of us went on the Bilge Rat Barges and nearly drowned.  When they say you may get wet on this ride, they MEAN IT!




Some of the kids went on Ripsaw Falls.  This is again one of the times where details get fuzzy for me, but I distinctly remember sitting at a table at Blondie's and hearing Blondie and Dagwood over and over...and over....

It was one of the most obnoxious sounds I've ever heard.

Once we were all grouped up again, we headed towards Jurassic Park.  The kids all ran ahead of us to get on the ride.  




After walking through the gift shop for a few minutes, Michelle and I decided we needed to ride as well.

Or, I convinced her to be brave with me and then we got in line.

Jurassic Park was a really cool ride, and I will freely admit that I was more scared of the drop than I should have been.  The whole ride I was saying things like, "who's idea was this" and "why are we listening to that person"  (It was my idea).  

The drop wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and next to the Mummy and Bilge Rat Barges, this turned out to be my favorite ride at Universal.

We went back to Hogsmeade, and some people might have ridden the Dragon Challenge again, and I know some went on the Forbidden Journey and used the single rider line.  They didn't have to wait in line at all, and they were all put in the same car, so that was cool.  (another win for the single rider line!)


I got to go on the Flight of the Hippogriff with a little friend, and this little cutie's first time on a roller coaster!   Um, apparently I didn't take a picture of her, so never mind!


We were ready to leave the parks by now, but we still hadn't ridden the Hogwarts Express going back to Universal.  You have to ride it going both ways, since there are different scenes each way.  The train had a huge line, probably the longest line we waited in the entire trip, it was at least an hour!



The kids tried to go on Escape from Gringotts but the ride went down while they were waiting in line.  

Universal Studios was having a Mardi Gras night, with a parade and stuff like that.  We got caught up in the parade while trying to leave the park and that was a bit of a nightmare.  We finally got out of the park all in one piece and said our goodbyes.  


Kyle went to Moe's to get something for dinner for him and Iza, while Iza and I found a table.  He was gone for a really long time!  He finally came out to find us, and said the line was insane.  After they ate, we walked out to the bus stop for Cabana Bay, and again met with a line.

Finally back at Cabana Bay, we went to Bell Services to pick up our bags, then went to find a cab to take us back to Disney property and our next hotel, Pop Century.

There was a bit of a mix up, and a taxi at Cabana Bay tried to pick us up but the people at Bell Services made him leave.  I'm really not sure what happened, but they had us take what they called "One of their cars" instead.  It was like a town car kind of service.  I was never really clear on why we had to do that, but we made it to Pop Century save and sound, and again the ride cost us about $45.

It was getting late by this time, about 9:30 or 10pm, and we had no problems checking in.  We found our room, and pretty much crashed after that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment