Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Spring Break 2015 Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party!

Spring Break 2015
Tuesday, March 10
Day 3--Magic Kingdom


We made our way back to the Hub area to try and find a good spot for the fireworks.  The newly opened areas were really nice, and there was a lot more seating in the area with benches sort of built into the new walls.  Kyle kept stopping and asking things like "why don't we just sit here?"  And "Shouldn't we go ahead and get a spot now while it's still open?"

I knew what I was doing, and had the perfect cover ready in case he really started to question why we were passing up some really good spots.

See, what he didn't know was that I'd reserved the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party waaayyyy back in September!  It was something we'd talked about doing "someday" and wouldn't his birthday be the perfect day for that?  I continued to lead the way over to the Tomorrowland Terrace, under the guise that I knew of just the perfect spot, that I'd learned from Ears of Experience, and I had to test it out to see if it really was a great spot.

As it turned out, right next to the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party check in desk, there really was a great spot to watch the fireworks from.  It was kind of off to the side, and no one was standing there yet.  

All my plans were falling into place....

We stood there for a while, and Kyle was watching them set up for the dessert party.  People were starting to line up to check in, when I just casually walked over and got in line.

Kyle:  "What are you doing?  Isn't this the line to check in?"
Me:  "yep!"


We're going to the party!!

It was a good birthday surprise, he totally wasn't expecting it at all.

We checked in, and were lead to a table right in front with a good view of the castle.  After getting settled, Kyle and Iza went up to check out the buffet.


They came back with plates full of desserts!



Then it was my turn...



Most of the desserts were really good, there were a couple I didn't like, but that's going to be a matter of taste.



Sugar coma!

This is how over sugar I was by the end... I had a cup of coffee with milk, and no sugar!

I never do that.


We gorged ourselves on dessert, then sat back to watch the show.  We were able to see the tops of the Main Street Electrical Parade floats and hear the music.



We had a perfect view for the Castle projection show.





And then the fireworks.




There were a lot of people standing at the railing, but by this point we were too tired to get up!  We could still see the show just fine.

over all, it was really nice.  I'm glad we got to do it once, i'm not sure it's something we would do again though, especially now with them raising the price!

When the fireworks were over, we headed back to the resort.  Tomorrow, we're planning a relaxing day at Animal Kingdom Lodge.  We want to see as much of the resort as possible, and do some of the activities they offer!


Apparently we went on Splash Mountain before we left the park!






No comments:

Post a Comment