Spring Break 2015
Tuesday, March 10
Day 3--Magic Kingdom
We woke up bright and early at about 5:30 or 6. No time for breakfast for us today, we're on a mission!
Kyle and Iza had a Poptart, but I don't think I had anything. We walked down to the bus stop and waited for a bus going to the Magic Kingdom. It didn't take long, and we were on our way. The bus ride takes about 20-25 minutes from AKL to MK. We arrived right about 7:30 am.
Kyle went to guest services/ticket booth to activate our military tickets, while I sat down on a bench and attempted to make dining reservations. I wasn't able to at that time though, so I had to leave it for later.
By the time Kyle was finished activating our tickets, the opening show was starting.
We finally saw the opening show!!
It was much shorter than I expected, but still very cute. I love the opening song. Once it was over we were able to go through the turnstiles and then we were finally in the Magic Kingdom!
My first stop was City Hall, where I got birthday buttons for me and Kyle, and an "I'm celebrating" button for Iza. Our next stop was Starbucks to get a coffee for me, an iced chai for Kyle, and a water for Iza.
We didn't have any kind of park plan for our day. We had our FastPasses set up mostly for later in the day, and we had a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest for 1:30, but other than that we really didn't have any kind of plan. Iza wanted to try Space Mountain first, so that's where we headed.
There was no wait at all and by the time we walked through the line we were in our rocket ship and ready to blast off.
I really like the standby line side at Space, it feels a lot less scary to me than the FastPass side.
My favorite view:
Something we've never done before: Enchanted Tales with Belle. Kyle and I were both wearing our birthday buttons, but I covered mine up with my shirt, and took the back pack from Kyle so his button would stand out.
My plan worked, and Kyle was chosen to be a part of the show!
When the show was over, each of the participants got a bookmark, and a picture with Belle. The suits of armor were last.
We went to Gaston's for a cinnamon roll.
We don't know what this little door is for.
We eventually ended up on Tom Sawyer Island, which is something we haven't done since our very first trip in 2008. We wandered around for a while and I finally found a nice quiet spot to do some work--I called Disney dining and had some dining reservations made for a client. What a fantastic place to work!
This spot was mostly quiet, except when the Mark Twain Riverboat went by!
For lunch we had a reservation at Be Our Guest.
Kyle and Iza had the Crock Monster
I had a bowl of soup and some of their Crock Monster.
I finally got to try the Lemon Cupcake!
Kyle and Iza both had the strawberry cupcake.
I really liked the lemon, it wasn't as sweet tasting as the strawberry.
We sat in the Rose room for the first time. Or is it the music box room? I'm not sure, but it was really pretty, and not nearly as noisy as the main room. And no screaming, scared children like the West Wing! After our lunch we used the drink machines to fill up our water bottles with ice water, and headed back out into the park.
Again, I didn't take exact notes on what we did each day, I'm relaying on the order of my pictures to know what we did.
Big Thunder Mountain:
Tiki Room:
Haunted Mansion:
Stopped to look around in Momento Mori, and saw this painting by my friend Kevin-John!
We had dinner at Columbia Harbor House. Iza and I shared the fish and chicken plate
Kyle had the tuna sandwich.
During dinner, Kyle mentioned that he hadn't had enough treats that day. Iza agreed. I told them both that we weren't getting any more treats!
I'm not sure Kyle believed me.
After dinner, it was time for Kyle's first ride on the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train!
We tried to meet Tiana from the Princess and the Frog two or three times, but each time we walked up to her line it had just closed. As luck would have it, I suggested trying again, right about the time we should have been looking for a spot to watch the fireworks. We were able to get in line this time!
This turned out to be perfect timing, since I needed to somehow stall for time. We made our way back over to the Hub area. We were supposedly looking for a good spot for the fireworks.
Little did Kyle know, I already had that all figured out!
























No comments:
Post a Comment