Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Quick "Roasted" Potatoes

Another potato dish, where have you been all my life.

I love potatoes.

Love them, love them, love them, can't live without them.  I don't think I've ever met a potato I didn't like.  Maybe scalloped potatoes, those ones with the cream of mushroom soup and Velveeta cheese.  I could do without those.

Moving on.

I love a good roasted potato.  They take some skill though, they can come out dry and flavorless despite your my best efforts.  I find that little red new potatoes make for some good roasters.  Russets, not so much.

That dry thing, you know.

But, I don't always have time to knock out a batch of roasted potatoes.  When we made kababs the other night, a solution to that problem presented itself to me.

I roasted a potato in a pan with some OO and seasonings....

But I'm getting ahead of myself here. 

When I made the kababs, after I boiled the potatoes down a bit, drained them, and threw them back in the hot pot to dry off a bit, I went ahead and seasoned them right in the pot before skewering them.  OO, salt, pepper, parsely, and some wine and garlic seasoning from the Melting Pot (that Greek seasoning would be good here as well), then I tossed the potatoes about so they could all get nice and coated.

After the skewering was over, I had one sad little potato left, who despite my very best efforts, just could not be made to fit on a skewer.  I certainly didn't want him to go to waste, so I put the pot with the potato (and all those seasonings) back on the burner and cooked him up.

He came out so good and tasty, I made a few more the next night, when it was dinner for just me and the Kid.  We had turkey meatloaf, leftover cucumber and tomato salad as well.

They also taste yummy when mixed with a little of the sauce from the cucumber and tomato salad.  just throwing that out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment