I'm sure I've posted this one before, but I'm doing it again. It was just that good.
As you may know, we make pizza here in this house every week. Usually with Canadian bacon, green peppers, black olives, mushrooms, mozzarella, and homemade sauce. At least, that's what's on my pizza. The others have slightly different variations of toppings on their pizzas.
This week, I was looking for something different. Still pizza, but something other than the norm.
I made the pizza dough as I always do, from my trusty Frood Network mag recipe:
3 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp (or one packet) yeast
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsps canola oil
and let it rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
While the dough was rising, I took out an 8oz package of cream cheese to soften. Then I mixed it with some Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, dill, and fresh basil.
When the dough was ready, I heated 2 cookie sheets in a 400 oven, then laid out 3 sheets of foil, which the Kid "painted" with OO. I rolled out the dough, and baked it for about 8 minutes. After it cooled off a bit, I spread the cream cheese mixture, and then we all added our toppings:
Cucumbers
Broccoli
Green peppers
Turkey pepperoni
Mushrooms
Sprinkling of cheese
This was really nice and fresh, a great alternative to our standard weekly pizza night.
No comments:
Post a Comment