Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's been a while, time for an update!

A super secret surprise trip to Disneyland update that is!

We're still right on track to leave in about 3 1/2 weeks. The Kid still knows nothing. The Hubs is starting to get excited. I'm beside myself. And I just can't wait until we get to tell the Kid. I'm trying not to build it up so much in my head. I've seen youtube videos of these things gone bad. Kids crying. Faces crestfallen. Parent's dreams crushed.

I'm trying not to build it up in my head. And it's so hard. Like last night, when the Kid saw one of those new Disney commercials. "I wish we could go to Disney at Christmas". I know, I do too! "Those kids look surprised" I know, and I could never surprise you with a Disney trip, I like to talk about it with you too much.

I've been saying that for years.

I'm pretty sure she believes me.

She's going to be so surprised.

And there I go, building it up in my head again.

It's just too hard not to.

Anyway.... So what do we know?

We know we'll be leaving on Saturday and driving most of the way to Anaheim before stopping for the night. There's been some recent discussion about driving all the way on Sat, but the hotel doesn't have the cheap rate for that night. And who wants to drive into L.A. on a Saturday night? No no, much better to do that on a Sunday morning.

Ack, will have to finish later, it's time to pick the Kid up from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment