Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Disney Update--8 Days to go!

I'm on hold with Disney Dining right now, waiting to make reservations for a lunch at the Carnation Cafe (baked potato soup!!) and Goofy's breakfast (one last hurrah before we leave to go back to the real world.

It's hard to type while trying to hold a little cell phone between your ear and shoulder. I don't have much experience with that.

And I probably should have gone to the bathroom before I started all of this.

The best part about being on hold with Disney Dining though, is the music.

"When you wish upon a star...."

Makes being on hold that much better. I'm usually almost sad when they finally pick up.

And that's over. We're all set!! We're actually going to Disneyland in 8 days!!!!

I feel like we're missing something though, and I can't figure out what. Hotel? Check. Hotel on the way there? check. Tickets? Check. Dining reservations? check. Gift card for the Kid? Check. Excitement building? Check! Packing and to do list? Still working on those. Bought the Kid a new winter coat? Check. Long sleeved shirts for everyone? check.

I just can't think of anything missing.

So the plan is to tell the Kid on Friday at dinner, and leave the next day. Drive most of the way there and stop for the night. Get up the next day and drive the rest of the way, check into our hotel and head to the park! This worked really well for our trip last year. And hopefully driving into L.A. on a Sunday morning is better than on a Saturday night? Our DL hotel was full for Sat night or I would have planned to just drive all the way in one day, and spend some time in DTD. Maybe I should look into that plan further, but then we'd have to change hotels...Probably not worth it?

I have to stop thinking about this.

So, starting Sunday afternoon we'll be in DL/DCA (that's Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure). No real plans, just enjoy. Park is open from 8-midnight. No way are we staying until midnight!

Monday, parks are open from 9-8 (DL) and 10-8 (DCA). No real plans, just go wild.

Tuesday, park hours are the same. Lunch at Carnation Cafe.

Wednesday, park hours sadly don't matter. Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen, then shopping in DTD (that's DownTown Disney), and then *Sob* head for home. No plans on stopping on the way home, but I may jump out of the car at any time and start walking back to Anaheim.

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment