But I have found a couple of dessert wines that I really like. I don't do "wine speak", I don't know anything about notes or oakiness, or anything like that. What I know is what I likie, and what I don't likie.
I likie my wine sweet.
I will never be invited to join a wine society. A whine society, perhaps.
Strangely enough though, I don't much care for sweet drinks with my dessert. I like water. Sometimes coffee. Sometimes milk. But nothing sweet.
I like my sweet wines before dinner and with dinner.
Wines that I like include Rosa Regale (awwwwwesome!) which is a sparkling rose type. It's pink. It has bubbles. What else does a girl need?
Martini and Rossi Asti. Again, bubbles. But not pink. Still fun.
Mostly with dinner I drink Moscato. Sutter Homes, which I can buy at Target, and it's usually around $5. I can live with that. And it's very convenient as I'm almost always at Target. And going to Target so much leads me to drink.
No not really. I love Target.
I don't love how much of my money they take.
Anyway, I just found a new wine I'm totally in love with.
Moscato d'Asti.
Sweet. Bubbly. Not pink. But still yummy. Very very yummy. Cheaper than Rosa. I had some at the Melting Pot the other night, and immediately went to the liquor store and bought a bottle. Problem is, I didn't know which brand to buy. Actually I still dont' know what brand I bought, but I went cheap ($10) and it worked out well.
Maybe I should shut up and go have a glass?
If you like sweet pink and bubbly try the Yellow Tail Sparkling Rose Wine. It is very good!!
ReplyDeleteIf you like sweet wines, you could try a riesling. Yellow Tail also has one. Relax Riesling is good too and is in a dark blue bottle.
If you don't know what brand you had at the Melting Pot, give them a call and ask them, I am sure they would give you the names they sell.
Also any good liquor store will have sales people that are knowledgeable. If they have wine tastings, go and try them. It is a good way to taste new wines.