Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Disneyland, LA, and a Disney Cruise! Travel Day October 2015

October 2015
Day 1:
Travel




Trying this again, the first time the laptop turned off on me and I lost everything I'd been working on for about half an hour... 

We didn't get to spend as much time getting ready for the trip during the week.  I had a lot of work to do, and in fact worked quite a bit during the trip as well (I booked 5 clients while I was in Disneyland!).  We managed to get packed up and out of the house about 8 in the morning.  Our first stop was to drop the kitties off at their resort for the week, then we were on the road.

Official beginning of the trip selfie




We didn't make it too far down the road before stopping at Chick fil A in Casa Grande (I don't like their politics, but they're one of the few places left where I can eat.  And they have sweet tea.)  After our snack and some much needed caffeine, we hit the road again.  We had several more stops along the way, all unscheduled.  We tend to take our time when we aren't in a hurry to get somewhere, and we had no real reason to hurry.  










Our first stop we'd planned was at Cabazon.  I'd wanted to stop there for a long time, but someone in our family thought it was silly and not worth our time.  Ahem.

I just wanted to see the dinosaurs!








We kept going to Anaheim, and might have stopped again.  More than likely we did.

Traffic was good until we hit the outskirts of Anaheim.  And then we got a little turned around trying to get from one road to the I-5.  And then again when we tried to get from I-5 to Disneyland Drive.  And again when we tried to get from Disneyland Drive to the Disneyland Hotel.  

It wasn't our finest driving and navigation moments.

But we made it eventually, and that's what counts, right?



We found a place to park, then brought all of our things into the hotel to check in.  We ended up in the Fantasy tower on the 3rd or 4th floor, with a standard view.  The view turned out to be one of the best we've had, as it over looked the parking lot but there were trees everywhere so we didn't actually see the parking lot.  What we ended up being able to see was pretty amazing... 







After we checked in and dropped off our luggage, we headed out to Downtown Disney to find some food.  




As my choices are mostly limited these days, I headed to Tortilla Jo's quick service area and ordered nachos.  Kyle and Iza decided to go to Earl of Sandwich instead.  We met back up and found a table and couch near the Disneyland Hotel.  Later we learned if we'd only walked a little farther there were tables and chairs set up near the coffee house that would have made eating much easier.  We managed with what we had though.  After dinner we walked around the pool area and Trader Sam's, before we went back up to the room.  I was planning to go back to Downtown Disney for a while, but ended up staying in the room instead.

We would have been able to watch HalloWishes from our room, but the show didn't go on that night, probably due to wind.

After that we pretty much went to bed, we had a long day at the parks waiting for us in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment