Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Disneyland, LA, and a Disney Cruise! Day 8, Part 2 October 2015

October 2015
Day 8, Part 2
Evening on the Wonder



The best part of all of this was that we were close enough to shore that I could use my phone.  That was one of the hardest parts of being on the cruise for me.  Yes, I am far too dependent on my phone, I will freely admit that.  But having to stay in bed, with nothing to do but feel sorry for myself with out internet for a distraction was just about more than I could take.  

I used that phone as much as possible while we were close to shore.  

And took pictures of whale!






We spent most of the day exploring the ship




Halloween party:













And taking lots of pictures






We didn't participate in any of the activities, I was much better off walking around the ship, or out on the open decks.  One thing we were sad we missed was the "Nightmare Before Christmas Scream - Along".  At least this was I was able to see as much of the ship as possible, since we only had 2 days on board.
Dinner that night was at Triton's, which was my favorite meal  of the cruise.



Yes, I was still feeling pretty bad, but trying my best to just ignore it.  I only had a small amount of time on the cruise, and I needed to see as much as I could so I would be able to help others with planning their cruises.

Dinner was great!  There was an olive spread, and I finally asked for gluten free bread, just so I could try it:




It was hard as a rock.




I had 3 appetizers!

Potato Leek soup




Another seafood salad




and fried Brie.  This was soooo good, I could have eaten an entire plate full.





Kyle had the fried brie too, and snails





Iza had French onion soup



for dinner, I had Chateaubriand






Iza had the rack of lamb


and Kyle had duck





I ordered 2 desserts again!

Creme bruelee




And an orange souffle---which I realized way too late that I wouldn't be able to eat it because of gluten.  oops.  Kyle had some of it, and I did taste the sauce which was really good.




Iza had a baked apple with vanilla ice cream



Kyle had a sampler trio



We ended up closing down the restaurant, and they were already turning over the tables for the next seating.  We left, and went to Deck 4 to do some shopping and wait for the show to start.  Iza and I both bought string bags, and we all picked out an ornament to add to our Christmas tree to commemorate our trip.  

We found seats for the show, tonight it was Disney Dreams.  The show was great, it's amazing that they have so many set pieces and actors on a ship like that.  I was so disappointed at that point that I had missed the show the night before.  



After the show we were all tired and went back to the cabin to get ready for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment