Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Spring Break 2015 at Walt Disney World--Preview

Sooo... Would you like to hear some details about our 
upcoming family trip to Walt Disney World????



I knew you did :)


We've actually been planning this one for a long time now--that December girls trip was more of a quick, "what if we went to Disney instead of having Christmas presents..." kind of trip, but we've known we were going to do this Spring Break trip for over a year now.  

The original plan was to take Kyle's mom with us, since she's never been, and she hasn't had a real vacation since, well, I have no idea when.  We picked March, since it's both of our birthdays (Kyle is the 10th, I'm the 12th), the Flower and Garden Festival would be going on at Epcot, and we thought that would be a great time to get her to come with us.  So when the military discount was announced last July, I booked a Lion King family suite at the Art of Animation resort since we've never been there, and it would have plenty of room for all of us.  

The plan was to have her join us for the first part of the trip, then she would head home and we would move over to Cabana Bay and do the Universal parks before flying home.

But, when we asked her to come with us, she flat out rejected the whole idea.  Wouldn't even consider it or think about it for a few days.  We just got a flat out "no".



Now we had some problems:  

--Keep the more expensive family suite, just because we want to stay there and see what it's like?  

--Switch to a cheaper resort?  

--Keep our plan of going to the Disney parks first, then moving to Universal?  

--What about all the dining reservations I had already made?  Especially the ones I had to pay for in advance like the Tomorrowland Terrace Wishes Dessert Party (a surprise for Kyle for his birthday!), or the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot?

I ended up having to start the trip planning process completely over from scratch.  I cancelled the Art of Animation reservation (sad), dropped the Wishes Dessert Party down to 3 people, moved with Behind the Seeds tour to a different day, and changed the dates for Cabana Bay.

But the question remained... 

If we're not staying at Art of Animation, where would we stay?



We eventually decided on a split stay, and as long as we came in under the price of the original reservation at an Art of Animation family suite, then it was all good.  That, along with the military discount, ended up opening up a lot of options for us!  

I'm not going to tell you where we are staying for the first 3 nights, its a big surprise and I'm going to make you wait for that one!  (Iza doesn't even know yet!)  After the first 3 nights, we're moving over to Cabana Bay at Universal for 2 nights while going to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios, then we head back to Disney to spend the last few nights of the trip at Pop Century. 



So, what do you have to look forward to seeing on the blog in the next few months?

1.  The mystery resort (and it's a good one!)
2.  Lots of food pics, but you would expect nothing less by now.
3.  Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party pics
4.  Lots of Harry Potter pics!
5.  Our thoughts on the Magical Express, and exclusively using Disney transportation for the first time, for the whole trip (taking a cab from Disney to Universal and back.)
6.  Our thoughts on the dining plan vs no dining plan.
7.  Via Napoli pizza pics!
8.  PB and J Milkshake pics!


I hope you enjoyed hearing some details about the upcoming trip!  Watch this space in the next few months to learn the answers to all these pressing questions:

What new things will we try?  
Will it be as chilly as I think it's going to be, or will the temps finally warm up enough so we can swim?  
How many PB and J milkshakes will we consume?  
Will all the construction going on in the parks right now dampen our spirits?
How many miles will the FitBit record over the course of our trip?


Are there any questions that you have?  Anything you want to see pictures of?  Let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment