Girls Christmas Trip to Disney
Day 4
An Evening at Epcot
After our morning in Animal Kingdom, we hopped on a bus to Epcot. After going through the bag check line, and entering the park, we headed for our favorite ride, Spaceship Earth.
A word of warning, I didn't listen to myself yet again, and by this point in the trip I was barely taking the time to write notes about our day. I am piecing this day together with pictures, what little notes I do have, and my own memory. You've been warned.
Anyway, the plan was to concentrate on Future World for tonight, and save World Showcase for tomorrow, so after Spaceship Earth we headed towards Innoventions and went to StormStruck. StormStruck is a tornado simulator type show (?) that we'd never seen before. It was interesting, but probably not something I would do again unless I just wanted to sit and rest for a while.
Next, we needed to do some shopping. Iza had decided to wear Keds to the parks that day, and boy did that turn out to be a mistake! She ended up with huge blisters on both pinkie toes, so we had to do some emergency flip flop shopping at Mouse Gear. We ended up getting 2 pairs for $20, one for each of us. They're super cute, but wow, they were extremely slippery in the rain!
Did I mention the rain? While we were at Animal Kingdom it barely sprinkled off and on for part of the day. By the time we got to Epcot it was raining off and on for the rest of the night. It was a little bit chilly, but we were still fine in our flip flops, shorts, and hoodies.
With her new shoes on, and her feet not hurting as bad, we headed over to Test Track to try out the single rider line. The single rider line was a great option for us, as the line was much shorter than the regular stand by line. Since we're ridden this before, and we weren't using the Memory Maker package it was ok that we weren't in the same car.
It was raining by the time we were done with the ride, so we walked through Innoventions to get to Journey into Imagination. There was a short line, which I haven't seen at this attraction since the '80's, but it moved really fast. Why is it that I can never seem to remember anything about this ride?
We were ready for a snack by this time, and there was only one thing we knew we had to try--a Croissant Doughnut from the Refreshment Port in the World Showcase Plaza.
It really was as good as the hype.
We also had a toasted marshmallow hot chocolate, not pictured. It was alright, but had a burnt taste and I could have skipped it altogether.
After our snack, we walked back into Future World and to the Land Pavilion and rode "Living with the Land".
And then I'm pretty sure we walked over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. After our ride in a clamshell, we walked around the aquarium for a while. We stopped to see the manatees, and various other fishies. We didn't see the dolphins this time, though. Maybe because it was later in the day? After walking around the aquarium for a bit, we used our FastPass to go see Turtle Talk with Crush. I love that this show is always different, mainly due to audience participation.
W went back to the Land Pavilion next, and had dinner at Sunshine Seasons. Iza had a kids plate with roasted chicken leg, with mac and cheese on the side, and milk. I had a turkey sandwich on focaccia bread, which had way too much turkey, a slightly spicy mayo, and potato salad on the side. I mostly picked it apart because of all the turkey.
After our dinner, it was time to ride Soarin' with our FastPasses. I love this ride. Nothing else to say about it, I simply love it.
Even these little beauties.
We stayed in the Land Pavilion, and rode Living with the Land again. This is the first time I ever remember riding through at night, which made the greenhouse area look really weird with the dark sky overhead. Before we left the Land, we did something we've never done before: The Circle of Life movie with Timon and Pumbaa from the Lion King. Boy, was that sucker depressing! Iza walked out of there mumbling about how human beings are the most horrible creatures, and the like. The theater was really big, and could hold a lot of people, but the show we were in was practically empty. Maybe because anyone who has ever seen it before felt so awful afterward; I'm guessing they don't get a lot of repeat business...
One last ride on Spaceship Earth, or two, more than likely, and we were done for the night. It had been a long day, and by this point we were cold and wet from the rain, and tired. We caught the bus back to All Star Music. I know I took a shower that night, mainly because I had been so cold and wanted to warm up a bit. I took some notes before giving up and going to bed.
We have a late start planned for tomorrow, but will we change our minds?
How many miles did we walk today?? Remember, we had already hit 5 miles within our first 3 hours at Animal Kingdom that morning! Leave me a comment, either here or back on Facebook with your guess!
A word of warning, I didn't listen to myself yet again, and by this point in the trip I was barely taking the time to write notes about our day. I am piecing this day together with pictures, what little notes I do have, and my own memory. You've been warned.
Anyway, the plan was to concentrate on Future World for tonight, and save World Showcase for tomorrow, so after Spaceship Earth we headed towards Innoventions and went to StormStruck. StormStruck is a tornado simulator type show (?) that we'd never seen before. It was interesting, but probably not something I would do again unless I just wanted to sit and rest for a while.
Next, we needed to do some shopping. Iza had decided to wear Keds to the parks that day, and boy did that turn out to be a mistake! She ended up with huge blisters on both pinkie toes, so we had to do some emergency flip flop shopping at Mouse Gear. We ended up getting 2 pairs for $20, one for each of us. They're super cute, but wow, they were extremely slippery in the rain!
Did I mention the rain? While we were at Animal Kingdom it barely sprinkled off and on for part of the day. By the time we got to Epcot it was raining off and on for the rest of the night. It was a little bit chilly, but we were still fine in our flip flops, shorts, and hoodies.
With her new shoes on, and her feet not hurting as bad, we headed over to Test Track to try out the single rider line. The single rider line was a great option for us, as the line was much shorter than the regular stand by line. Since we're ridden this before, and we weren't using the Memory Maker package it was ok that we weren't in the same car.
It was raining by the time we were done with the ride, so we walked through Innoventions to get to Journey into Imagination. There was a short line, which I haven't seen at this attraction since the '80's, but it moved really fast. Why is it that I can never seem to remember anything about this ride?
We were ready for a snack by this time, and there was only one thing we knew we had to try--a Croissant Doughnut from the Refreshment Port in the World Showcase Plaza.
It really was as good as the hype.
We also had a toasted marshmallow hot chocolate, not pictured. It was alright, but had a burnt taste and I could have skipped it altogether.
After our snack, we walked back into Future World and to the Land Pavilion and rode "Living with the Land".
And then I'm pretty sure we walked over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. After our ride in a clamshell, we walked around the aquarium for a while. We stopped to see the manatees, and various other fishies. We didn't see the dolphins this time, though. Maybe because it was later in the day? After walking around the aquarium for a bit, we used our FastPass to go see Turtle Talk with Crush. I love that this show is always different, mainly due to audience participation.
W went back to the Land Pavilion next, and had dinner at Sunshine Seasons. Iza had a kids plate with roasted chicken leg, with mac and cheese on the side, and milk. I had a turkey sandwich on focaccia bread, which had way too much turkey, a slightly spicy mayo, and potato salad on the side. I mostly picked it apart because of all the turkey.
After our dinner, it was time to ride Soarin' with our FastPasses. I love this ride. Nothing else to say about it, I simply love it.
Even these little beauties.
We stayed in the Land Pavilion, and rode Living with the Land again. This is the first time I ever remember riding through at night, which made the greenhouse area look really weird with the dark sky overhead. Before we left the Land, we did something we've never done before: The Circle of Life movie with Timon and Pumbaa from the Lion King. Boy, was that sucker depressing! Iza walked out of there mumbling about how human beings are the most horrible creatures, and the like. The theater was really big, and could hold a lot of people, but the show we were in was practically empty. Maybe because anyone who has ever seen it before felt so awful afterward; I'm guessing they don't get a lot of repeat business...
One last ride on Spaceship Earth, or two, more than likely, and we were done for the night. It had been a long day, and by this point we were cold and wet from the rain, and tired. We caught the bus back to All Star Music. I know I took a shower that night, mainly because I had been so cold and wanted to warm up a bit. I took some notes before giving up and going to bed.
We have a late start planned for tomorrow, but will we change our minds?
How many miles did we walk today?? Remember, we had already hit 5 miles within our first 3 hours at Animal Kingdom that morning! Leave me a comment, either here or back on Facebook with your guess!






No comments:
Post a Comment