Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Baked Chimichangas

YUM!  These were good, and easy too, just one step beyond making a burrito.

I made a chicken fajita filling, with strips of chicken, onions, green peppers, salt, pepper, and Adobo seasoning, but you can use any filling you want from ground beef, shredded beef, pork, all veggies, you can make 'em spicy, add beans, anything you want.  

After making the filling, I used good quality flour tortillas (bought at Trader Joe's and the closest to handmade I can buy), filled them up, wrapped them like a burrito, and set them back in the same iron skillet I used to make the filling (I'm all about having as little to clean up at the end as possible!).  When I was finished wrapping all of them, I set the pan in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.



They came out nice and crispy like a chimi, but without being deep fried.

I served ours with slices of avocado, cotija cheese, diced tomatoes, and a sour cream sauce I might be in love with...



Sour cream, juice from 1 lime, lots of cilantro-dried or fresh, I usually only have dried on hand, salt, pepper, and Adobo.  Mix it up, taste it, adjust seasonings.  Serve with anything you can think of!

Enjoy!

Edit:

I made these again, using ground turkey and shredded cheddar inside, and they were still just as good.  I think we've got a winner!  

Also, Kyle and Iza really like burritos, me not so much.  But I like this crispy version a lot.  It really wouldn't be difficult to make burritos for them while making a chimi for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment