Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

9/20 Another Greek Dinner--Naan update

So a while back I decided to start making my own flatbread for when we have our Greek dinners. I found a nice recipe on allrecipes dot com.

Here's the link to the original recipe

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Naan/Detail.aspx

It's good and easy, but could really use some more flavor. I don't do the garlic option. Garlic hurts us for the most part.

What I did instead was take out 1 tbsp of milk and add 1 of OO.

I put in more salt.

And I substituted 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour for some of the regular flour.

They came out great!

Although, I did make them bigger this time, and I think I'll go back to the smaller ones for next time.

Also, I undercooked the chicken a bit. But even with having to put it back in the pan to cook longer it still came out nice and tender. I don't know what the yogurt does to the chicken when they're alone in the fridge marinating, but it is simply magical.

I also don't know what happens between regular old russet potatoes and OO, but they create some magic of their own as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment