Thursday was an interesting day for me. We had our Parent/Teacher/Student conference (the Kid is doing great, we need to work on spelling), then I was going to go to the Tortilla place but it didn't open until 9.
So I went to Kohl's instead.
The tortilla place is new to me. This is only the 2nd time I've been, but it's now the only place I will buy them. No more store brand for this family. Although I did buy store brand corn tortillas, they only have flour at the tortilla place.
They were still hot when I picked them up off the counter.
Then on the way to the commissary I stopped to get gas. And I remembered that I wanted to go to MWR to see if they still had Disney on Ice tickets.
They did!
Commissary next, then home to quickly put away the cold stuff before running up to the school to get the kid. She only had a half day and that threw me off my normal routine.
Anyway. After we got home from school and I was putting the rest of the dishes away, I slipped on the tile in the kitchen and went down hard. Two days later and I'm still a bit sore but able to manage.
So dinner, I was already planning on the burritos, hence the trip to the tortilla store. and I'd already taken the meat out of the fridge. Defrosted my pork butt.
Leftover Pulled Pork Butt!
The Hubs offered to cook because of my fall, but I had plans and I have control issues so I did it myself. I wanted to make burritos similar to Chipotle, so I started with the rice. After it cooked I added the juice of a whole lime, a good bit of fresh cilantro, salt and pepper, and some Adobo seasoning.
Delish!! Tasted just like Chipotle, the Adobo really made that dish.
For the pork I sauteed some onions, red and green bell peppers in OO, salt and pepper, and more Adobo. When they were nice and happy, I added the pork and sauteed that a bit.
We filled our fresh tortillas with meat, rice (well, not for the kid), cheese (not for me), and sour cream.
It was really really good. Normally I wouldn't eat all of mine, but I did eat every bit. I didn't wrap mine up like a burrito though. The others did. At Chipotle I cut mine open and eat the guts so that's basically how I ate it here too.
Definitely will try to make those again, if we have some more good pork butt to put to use. Will be making that rice again, next time we have tacos!
No comments:
Post a Comment