I think I promised more updates now that I had the fancy new wireless keyboard. Yeah, it hasn't happened. But then, I can also say that the food coming out of my kitchen lately hasn't even been worth sharing with anyone.
Hot dogs and mac and cheese? Five times?
No one wants to see that.
It's been boring. And sad.
I haven't even done the Recaps lately.
It's hard when you're cooking for just 2. But at least I'm trying to cook at home, even if it is hot dogs from Trader Joe's and Annie's mac and cheese. At least I'm trying not to go out to eat all the time. It helps that I have a little homebody for a daughter, who would never even see the light of day if it were up to her.
But maybe, just maybe I do have a few interesting things to share. After all, we've still been having our Theme Nights. Last night was Lady and the Tramp Spaghetti and Meatballs (with spaghetti sauce from the freezer, frozen meatballs from Trader Joe's, and garlic bread made out of hamburger buns.) But you, know, sometimes that's as good as it gets!
And right now, we're pretty obsessed with Greek tacos/nachos that I first made for an Aladdin night (spiced hamburger or turkey, served with cucumber yogurt sauce, lettuce, and more cucumbers...on a tortilla, or if I'm feeling really ambitious, homemade Naan).
I want to come back, and the only way to do that is to make more of an effort.
I will try.
But wait, doesn't Yoda tell us that there is no try, only do?
I will do.
No comments:
Post a Comment