Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

We ate the World! Day 7--Evening in the Magic Kingdom

We went back over to Frontierland. Splash was either still closed, or closed again, so we went on Big Thunder Mountain again. We headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean, and after waiting for about 10 minutes they ride shut down and we had to leave. Back to Frontierland, and we found a bench to wait for the Electrical Parade.



Way back in the morning when we rode Winnie the Pooh, I found a snack in the shop that sounded good, but for whatever reason I didn't buy at the time. Now that it was wait for the parade time, I really wanted that snack. While the Hubs and the Kid waited on the bench, I started my quest to Find The Snack. First thing though, I found them a better bench to wait on, right in front of the Shootin' Gallery. I also found a cute stuffed owl I know the Kid would want to buy.

What I didn't find, however, was my snack. I walked all through Frontierland, Adventureland, and Liberty Square and nothing. We did eventually walk back through Fantasyland on our way to Space Mountain, and I stopped at Pooh to buy it. And just for the record, that was the only place in all of the World I ever saw that snack. It didn't exist in Epcot or Downtown Disney.

We had Mickey Bars instead.

The parade was great, I've always wanted to see either the Main Street Electrical Parade or Spectromagic, but it's just never worked out for us before. And it was nice to have a bench to enjoy it from.


After the parade we tried Pirates again, and this time we were able to ride. I know I keep comparing rides to Disneyland, but this one, well, you just can't help it. There was no comparison, DL version is 1000 times better. It was over so fast we were left wondering where the rest of the ride went. I will say though, I do like WDW's queue better.



It was raining again when we left Pirates, so we decided to try Splash Mountain again, as we were already wet, and it was finally open. Again, I wasn't even sure I was going to ride until I was phyiscally in the ride vehicle. And naturally I loved it. After, we went on Big Thunder Mountain, for the 3rd time.

We still had our free Fastpass to use, and we all agreed on what we should ride: Space Mountain. The train had already stopped running so we walked from Frontierland through Fantasyland, where I stopped at Pooh to finally get my Chip and Dale's snack mix, all the way through Tomorrowland.


Space Mountain was fun as always, and a great choice for our last ride of the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment