Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

August Recap

Here's what we ate in August...  And no, I'm not back into the swing of things just yet.  Life is incredibly complicated and messy right now. I know, everyone's life is complicated and messy, but we just had a death in the family and well, yeah.  Also I'm really not cooking anything very interesting these days. 

As you can see from this list...

1.  Tacos

2.  Dijon chicken with roast potatoes

3.  Zinburger which is our favorite place to go for a hamburger, this was a work thing for the Hubs and me and the Kid tagged along

4.  Brio (a new to us restaurant, I'm assuming it's a chain.  Sadly when we went there, they weren't busy at all, showing that perhaps it's not very popular, but we really enjoyed our meal there!)  I had fish topped with seafood over roast veg, the Hubs had a steak and blue cheese bruscetta, and the kid had, ummmm, alfredo?  Probably alfredo.

5.  FFN--Cat in the Hat--Green eggs and ham quiche (it was the green onions that made it green), and roast veg

6.  Corn dogs, spinach salad

7.  Mexican shrimp and rice

8.  Pork chops, mash and veg

9.  Hot dogs and mac & cheese

10.  Corn dogs and onion rings

11.  Disney Day!--Mickey mac and cheese, Mickey shaped chocolate covered pretzels I'd stashed away after our last trip to DL

12.  Hamburgers for the fam, I went to a Duran Duran concert!

13.  Chicken parm and zucchini fries

14.  Breakfast for dinner

15.  Salmon and roast veg

16.  Chicken Caesar salad

17.  FFN--Men in Black--Pizza  (the Kid said this was the scariest movie she'd seen to date)

18.  FFN--Harry Potter!!!  Finally finally she got to watch Harry.  I'm the mean mom who wouldn't let her watch it until after she'd read the book.  She is now a full on, card carrying Harry Potter fan.  Awesome.  We had bangers and chips for dinner (sausages and fries), and I made a treacle tart for dessert.

19.  Zinburger for lunch

20.  Chicken pot pie (I had leftover pie crust from the treacle tart, just enough to make a top for a chicken pot pie

21.  Salmon patties and red potatoes

22.  Baked potatoes and salad

23.  Stuffed pasta with spinach and pine nuts

24.  Enchiladas--birthday dinner for the Kid.  I'm sad to say they didn't have very much flavor, I thought I had 2 cans of enchilada sauce and I only had one, so I had to make it go further than I normally would, and it took away a lot of the flavor.  We still ate the heck out of them though!

25.  Snacks and BLT's.  We had the Kid's birthday party this day, so we pretty much just snacked all day, then had sandwiches for dinner

26.  Lucky little birthday girl got to go to the Melting Pot for dinner!

27.  Rudy's BBQ

28.  Beef and veg soup

29.  Turkey meatloaf with mash

30.  Pasta?  I'm not really sure what we had

31.  FFN--Harry Potter 2--Fish and chips

No comments:

Post a Comment