Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

8/25 Another Mushroom Risotto

and some really good chicken. I think I've got that one nailed.

I cut a chicken breast in half to make 2 flat pieces of chicken. Roll it in flour, then egg (again, anyone but me think it's weird to dunk chicken in egg? Think about it.) then panko bread crumbs, saute in OO and a bit of butter, or leave out the butter, either way. And don't over cook it!

I used the same recipe for the mushroom risotto I've talked about before, however I did use a new wine this time, a Pinot Grigio, and it made a really nice difference. I'll definitely be using that again. Love those little bottles of wine, perfect size for a non-wine drinker who likes to cook with the stuff. Nothing is wasteed.

Although, I do have a wine that I like now, I'm sure any true wine drinkers out there will shudder to hear about it though..Sutter Home Moscato. Yes, it's a dessert wine. No I don't drink it with dessert, but with my meal. I've tried to drink wine, I really have, I even tried the Pinot Grigio mentioned before.

I can't do it. It's far too harsh for me. Give me the fruity frou frou drinks, and I'm happy. Margarita, delish. Pina colada, YUM, Wine, can't do it. Beer, can't do that either.

It's just who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment