So I had the leftover mushroom risotto for lunch today, and I think it might have even been better than last night. The rice was softer for sure, and the flavors melded a little more. I'm definitely going to have to cook it longer next time.
It made me think of this chicken and rice dish I used to make. You know the old classic, Chicken, Rice and Cream Of Mushroom Soup. Now, I know, comparing the Old Classic to the risotto I made is a bit like comparing a round steak (severly overcooked and under seasoned, and yes, I used to make that as well) to the tenderloin we've had the past couple of days, but it made me think about just how far we've come. Cream of mushroom soup to risotto. Round steak (did I mention I cooked in the broiler of a toaster oven?) to tenderloin and things like scallops. Renting and buying everything on credit to owning our own home.
Life is good.
I love Risotto, my fave is with a little diced ham, peas and mushrooms and just a touch of parmesan cheese.
ReplyDeleteThis one did have a bit of fresh parm added at the end, and a bit of butter for good measure.
ReplyDelete